Cleo & Cuquin Family Fun! Math kits, along with the Explore + Learn App, are a unique mix of print and digital hands-on activities and games. All materials are in Spanish and English, designed to prepare children for success in kindergarten math. Apps play on most mobile devices (iOS and Android) and can be downloaded and used independently, but also come as a component of each kit for an even richer integrated experience.
Did you know that a child’s math knowledge at the start of kindergarten predicts their academic achievement better than early reading or attention skills? That is just one reason why math is so important. We have created the Cleo & Cuquin Family Fun! Math Kits and App to help your child develop their mathematical knowledge and thinking. These kits and app focus on standards-based math skills that provide a strong foundation for kindergarten learning and success. The products are based on resources and evaluated under a Ready To Learn grant from the US Department of Education.
Inside the Cleo & Cuquin kits and the Explore + Learn App, you will find fun, bilingual hands on and digital activities. These activities will support your children in learning math and developing positive attitudes towards math. Join your child in this math adventure—when parents get excited about math, children get excited too.
Have a look at the following to see some specifics of what your child will be learning.
Learning how to count is a basic math skill that children need in order to advance to complex math operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. In the counting kit and app section, children will learn how to count to 10, to read and write the numerals 0–9, and to tell at a glance how many items are in a group (up to 5) without counting.
Sorting involves separating objects into groups according to their similarities. Learning how to sort and classify requires logical thinking, which children will need as they advance through the grades. In Sorting, children will learn to describe and compare how they sorted items, re-sort a group of items in a new way, and decide which group has more or fewer.
Young children who play with, recognize, and describe 3D shapes are learning basic geometry. In 3D Shapes, children will be able to define, name, and recognize cones, cubes, cylinders, rectangular prisms, pyramids, and spheres.
Kindergarten Readiness Starts at Home!
Three kits — COUNTING, SORTING and 3D SHAPES — focus on standards-based math skills that provide a strong foundation for kindergarten learning and success. Cleo & Cuquin Family Fun! Math kits with Apps are based on resources developed and evaluated under a Ready To Learn grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Cleo & Cuquin Family Fun! learning experiences are based on:
- Bilingual print and digital activities for English Language Learners
- Problem-solving strategies to “figure out” math
- Engaging physical play activities
- Activities to get families involved in the learning process
Each Family Fun! Math kit contains:
- Read and Learn Book: Cleo & Cuquin math story
- Explore + Learn App – with fun activities, games, and digital learning
- Family Time Learning Guide – information and learning activities for parents
- Draw and Learn Journal – drawing, letter writing, and independent learning activities for preschoolers
- Move and Learn Poster – kids will love to sing, play, and move to learn!
- Touch and Learn Toys – appropriately sized for hands-on learning
- Play and Learn Board Game – for the whole family!
Digital learning via the Explore + Learn App
- AR Explorer – Kids point a device at the back cover of the Read and Learn Book, and the app’s Augmented Reality feature makes an aspect of the story come to life with digital interactivity.
- Notebook – Children will find interactive digital lessons and explorations to increase their interest in, and knowledge of, math.
- Games – Kids explore three levels of math practice.
- StoryMaker – Children use backgrounds and stickers to retell their own version of the Read and Learn Book as they record their stories and replay them.
- Bonus Content – Videos, puzzles, and more unlock as kids progress.
- Parent Dashboard – Parents review each child’s progress through informative interactive charts and tables.
- The Explore + Learn App is compatible with the following devices:
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini4, all models of iPad Pro, and 9.7” iPad models of 2017 or later
- iPhone 7 and later models devices must have iOS 10 or higher
- Smartphones and tablets with 2GB of RAM or more, running Android 5+